Back Of The Bus - Arts in Your Neighbourhood March 2020
Back of the Bus
by Java Dance Theatre
New Zealand x Singapore
UPDATE AS OF 18 MARCH 2020: THE UPCOMING PERFORMANCES HAVE BEEN CANCELLED DUE TO POTENTIAL TRAVEL/BORDER RESTRICTIONS FOR THE AUSTRALIAN/NEW ZEALANDER PERFORMERS. TICKET BUYERS WILL RECEIVE A FULL REFUND.
“Back of the Bus is sure to delight and astound you. From its hugely funny opening sequence to its toe tapping finale it had me hooked” -Buzzcuts, Adelaide
“This dynamic dance experience will take you on a journey that can never be imagined” -Review from season at Southland Festival of the Arts, New Zealand
Ride on a bus through the streets and sights of Bukit Panjang! Dancers propel themselves along the aisles and hang from the ceiling. Physical comedy, pure kinetic energy and outrageous scenarios combine to create a magical mystery tour of the unexpected. First performed in 2008, this unique dance theatre show now premieres in Singapore following sell-out seasons at over 21 arts festivals including the renowned Edinburgh Festival Fringe in 2014, 2016 and 2019.
Created by Java Dance Theatre (New Zealand) and performed with Singapore artists Adele Goh, Sabrina Sng and Syafiqah 'Adha, Back of the Bus takes you on a journey around Bukit Panjang and you may never look at a bus ride the same way again.
Come board this dancing bus!
Click here for Video Trailer
About the Artists:
Founded by choreographer Sacha Copland in 2003, Java Dance Theatre captures audiences in New Zealand and Internationally with visceral dance theatre that clambers into the senses and speaks to the soul. Java’s innovative style of dance theatre is known for its intense physicality, sensory engagement and full audience immersion. Java has created 20 works to date, performing to over 100,000 audiences in New Zealand, Australia, Asia and the UK. In 2019, Java’s 22nd season of its most acclaimed work Back of the Bus again sold out 42 shows at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe, the world’s largest arts festival. Website: www.javadancecompany.co.nz
Adele Goh is an independent dance artist, performer and maker and was previously a company artist at Frontier Danceland.
Sabrina Sng is a performer and performance maker from Singapore. She studied experimental theatre at NYU Tisch School of the Arts.
Syafiqah 'Adha is an award-winning Singaporean musician and composer who graduated from Yong Siew Toh Conservatory of Music in Music Composition.
· This performance involves audience participation and some walking. Baggage storage is not available so you may wish to travel light and wear comfortable shoes and clothing. Duration of performance: approx 60min.
· Suitable for ages 5 and up. Tickets are required for children. Each ticket admits one only.
· Meeting point is at Family Seating Corner at Bukit Panjang Hawker Centre (2 Bukit Panjang Ring Rd, Singapore 679947). Please arrive 20-30 minutes before the performance commences for registration, health declaration and temperature screening measures.
· No admission for latecomers and no refunds will be given.
· In the event of strong inclement weather, a decision will be made by the organisers to either proceed, delay or postpone this performance. Refunds will only be issued in the event of a cancelation.
· If you have any special needs or access requirements for this performance, please contact us via email at email@example.com
· Attendees will be contacted via the Peatix app or email for further information.
Choreographer: Sacha Copland
Dancers: Sacha Copland, Lauren Carr and Adele Goh
Host & Performer: Sabrina Sng
Musician: Syafiqah 'Adha
Executive Producer: Hoo Kuan Cien
Producer: Pearlyn Chua
Production Manager: Foo Yun Ying
Project Assistant: Ho Jun Chong (Jaycee), Jamie Sim
A commission for Arts in Your Neighbourhood
Supported by Creative New Zealand
ABOUT ARTS IN YOUR NEIGHBOURHOOD
Arts in Your Neighbourhood is an initiative by the National Arts Council that brings enriching arts experiences to everyone at their doorsteps. With programmes inspired by their very own neighbourhoods, audiences can look forward to a diverse mix of arts offerings by established artists at various spaces across the island.
For more information on Arts in Your Neighbourhood, please visit https://artsforall.sg/AYN.
- The event description was updated. Diff#535169 2020-03-18 07:29:16
[ Sat ] - [ Sun ]
9:30 AM - 12:30 PM SGT
Perf #1: 14 March (Sat) 9:30am-10:30am SOLD OUT $5.00 Perf #2: 14 March (Sat) 11:30am-12:30pm SOLD OUT $5.00 Perf #3: 15 March (Sun) 9:30am-10:30am SOLD OUT $5.00 Perf #4: 15 March (Sun) 11:30am-12:30pm SOLD OUT $5.00 Perf #5: 19 March (Thu) 5:00pm-6:00pm SOLD OUT $5.00 Perf #6: 19 March (Thu) 7:00pm-8:00pm SOLD OUT $5.00 Perf #7: 20 March (Fri) 5:00pm-6:00pm SOLD OUT $5.00 Perf #8: 20 March (Fri) 7:00pm-8:00pm SOLD OUT $5.00 Perf #9: 21 March (Sat) 9:30am-10:30am SOLD OUT $5.00 Perf #10: 21 March (Sat) 11:30am-12:30pm SOLD OUT $5.00 Perf #11: 22 March (Sun) 9:30am-10:30am SOLD OUT $5.00 Perf #12: 22 March (Sun) 11:30am-12:30pm SOLD OUT $5.00
- Venue Address
- 2 Bukit Panjang Ring Road Singapore
National Arts Council324 Followers